Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gerald Celente - Profit from Doom


I have been speculating about what the coming years might be like. And I like to consider some of the predictions being made available on the net. I stumbled on Gerald Celente who is noted for predicting the 1987 stock market crash and the fall of the Soviet Union. His website Trends Research Institute offers the Trends Newsletter. The purpose and focus of the Trends Journal is to inform readers of future trends and provide strategies on how to prepare and profit from what lies ahead. I read a couple of them and realized his stuff sounds very similar to what others like Peter Schiff have been saying. He describes himself as a "political atheist" and "citizen of the world". That sounded good to me. Then I watch a few YouTube Videos and listened to a few of his audio interviews with Jeff Rense. I agree with some of his observations but the guy started sounding like a crazed conspiracy theorist, or political polemicists. I just couldn't stand to listening to him after a while.

He predicts the worst depression in history along with an out break of violent protests, tax rebellions, food riots and the return of victory gardens. His advice - buy gold and income producing assets. He's no intellectual. And I don't think I need him to inform me of future trends or strategies on how to prepare and profit from what lies ahead.

No comments: