Saturday, July 4, 2009

The COMPLEX - by John Duignan Exposing Scientology

A new book on Scientology has been blocked in the US by Scientology. The Complex by John Duignan exposes some hidden aspects of the cult. John — who had never heard of Scientology — was 22 and living in Stuttgart with his German girlfriend but their relationship was on the rocks. Depressed and lonely, he accepted.

John, now 45, says: “The test is a clever recruitment device because it appeals to people who are searching for something. I was unhappy and latched on to the prospect of gaining confidence. I probably needed proper psychological counselling but I got nothing of the sort. The result of my initial test was Urgent Action Required.

“These friendly people seemed to have the answer in Scientology and I surrendered myself to it.” In the following weeks, John was grounded in the Scientology doctrine. Under a regime of sleep deprivation, brainwashing and so-called counselling, John gave up his mind to the bizarre teachings. John quickly became fanatical about his new-found faith. He says: “I saw myself as a soldier for Scientology. I believed it was the only route out of oblivion for mankind.

“The doctrine teaches a human’s body doesn’t matter because it is the Thetan, or soul, which survives. “If I’d been told someone had to be eliminated because they were a threat to Scientology I could have justified the killing. They’d just lose their body, which isn’t needed.”

He says: “As a Sea Org member I’d get to wear a special uniform and be highly respected by other Scientologists. We were told other members would bow to us. Suddenly I felt important.” But when John arrived at the cult’s headquarters in LA, conditions were not what he’d imagined. He says: “We were expected to work, eat and sleep Scientology with every minute of the day scheduled, from 7am until lights out at 11pm.” The harsh conditions John endured were in stark contrast to the luxury enjoyed by stars at the glittering Scientology Celebrity Centre down the road.

Read the entire review written by David Lowe - Here -

See also Irish Mail on Sunday, October 31st - Here -

No comments: